BI AND DATA ANALYTICS
Digital data is booming. In HBS Economics we have developed tools to manage and extract structured information from large quantities of unstructured data (big data). With these tools we can create new knowledge and value for our clients.
Among other things, we have developed the HBS Jobindex: a unique analysis tool to map the business demand for labour and skills. Using data crawling and statistical text analysis of all online job advertisements in Denmark, Sweden and Norway over the past decade, we offer to carry out various unique data-driven analyses for our clients, including:
- trends in business demand for labour broken down by sector, position and geography;
- business demand for skills/skills profiles broken down by type of employee, etc.;
- mismatches and imbalances in regional labour markets.
Furthermore, we use data mining and text analysis on other sources of data such as electronic journals and administrative systems; often in combination with traditional sources of data and recognised quantitative analysis methods.
Among other things, we help our clients
- develop new sources of data for analytical as well as for administrative purposes;
- structure and provide an overview of existing sources of data;
- visualise and communicate complex data analyses.